Subscribe to Héritage

Fonds de la Seigneurie de Saint-Ours

Available reels: 12

Document Record
Creator Saint-Ours, Seigneurie de.
Title Fonds de la Seigneurie de Saint-Ours
Identifier lac_mikan_97821
97821
MG 8 F 80
R11126-0-0-F
Genealogy
French Canada
Business and commerce
Document source Library and Archives Canada / Bibliothèque et Archives Canada
Language fra
Description Saint-Ours is a town located in the Pierre-De Saurel Regional County Municipality of Quebec, in the administrative region of Montérégie. The population as of the Canada 2011 Census was more than 1,700. It originally was the constituent of the Saint-Ours Parish Municipality, which merged alongside L'Immaculée-Conception-de-Saint-Ours municipality in 1991. There is an estate or manor at Saint-Ours, which is a National Historic Landmark, which is an assembly comprising of a mansion, outbuildings and land. The estate was granted by New France’s first intendant, Jean Talon (1626 -1694), to Pierre Saint-Ours in 1672, who built the first mansion. The second house (the current building) was built in 1792 by Lord Charles-Louis-Roch de Saint-Ours (1753 - 1834). It was then the property of François-Roch de Saint-Ours (1800 - 1839), who served on the Legislative Council of Lower Canada in 1830 and became sheriff of Montreal in 1837.
This collection includes the following documents: concessions, 1672-1855; sales, 1719-1899; surveys, 1719-1886; notarized judicial document, 1633-1907; legal and church documents, 1633-1877; family documents: securities commissions, genealogical notes, etc., 1641-1885; extracts of deeds, 1845-1853; plans, reports on the navigation of the Richelieu; general documents, 1786-1788; various accounts, 1786-1791; other documents, 1777-1875; documents held at the manor of Saint-Ours, 1696-1837.
Saint-Ours est une ville située dans la municipalité régionale de comté Pierre-De Saurel au Québec, dans la région administrative de la Montérégie. Selon le recensement canadien de 2011, la population se chiffre à plus de 1,700 habitants. À l’origine, il faisait partie de la municipalité régionale de comté de Saint-Ours avant de fusionner avec celle de l’Immaculée-Conception-de-Saint-Ours en 1991. Le domaine de Saint-Ours, qui est un ensemble comprenant un manoir, des dépendances et leurs terrains, a été classé site historique national. Ce domaine seigneurial fut concédé par le premier intendant de la Nouvelle-France, Jean Talon (1626-1692), à Pierre Saint-Ours en 1672 qui y a construit le premier manoir. Le deuxième manoir (le bâtiment actuel) a été bâti en 1792 par le seigneur Charles-Louis-Roch de Saint-Ours (1753-1834). Il devint ensuite la propriété de François-Roch de Saint-Ours (1800-1839) qui a siégé au Conseil législatif du Bas-Canada à partir de 1830 et qui est devenu shérif de Montréal en 1837.
La collection comprend les documents suivants : des concessions (1672-1855), des ventes (1719-1899), des procès-verbaux d’arpentage (1719-1886), des pièces notariés et judiciaires (1633-1907), des documents légaux et paroissiaux (1633-1877) et des documents de famille : titres, commissions, notes généalogiques, etc. (1614-1885). On y trouve encore des extraits d’actes notariés (1845-1853), des plans, des rapports sur la navigation du Richelieu, des documents généraux (1786-1788), des comptes divers (1786-1791) et autres documents (1777-1875), ainsi que des documents conservés au manoir de Saint-Ours (1696-1837).
Permanent Link http://heritage.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.lac_mikan_97821